4.27.2008

Old Ergo Power

I had an inquiry from bloke about which bike I recommend, Trek or Bianchi... I am not authorized dealer of these brands. On the contrary, I don't sell any bike at all right moment. I would like to but it is hard to sell with out retail shop. However, I used to deal with either brands so gave him some ideas and recommended to go to local dealer. Still nice to talk with customer.

I recieved another bike with campagnolo about 10 year old still in good condition but Ergo power shifters needed to do overhaul. It is much easier than Shimano but It still takes nearly 3 hour for a pair to complete overhaul so started right away. Luckly the bearings in the housing and every pivots or hinges are in good condition so just need to degrease plus wash then regrease. As you can see that yellow ish colour grease has got hard and all the grease was around the pivots tuned to darker than black. It costs $200.oo for a pair and cables and bartapes are additional cost. Yes, it is not inexpensive work however, if you have Centaur, Chorus or Record, it is worth to do it instead replace shifters especially old models. Improve your shifting and more loving your bike(s).

I built a wheel for commuter. He has been using 2years ish and spokes were stretched. It does happen once in a way...

No comments: