5.06.2008

Rear derailleur pivot

Whach out people!! Even Dura ace rusts! But you will be fine as long as you look after correctly. One of my customer brought a bike for service with degreasing drivetrain. That was enjoyable dealing with lots of built up dust and oil which became like a mud. Striped off chain, cassette and derailleurs and dumped in parts washer...

Hey, here is some inside stories. I've been looking at and working at number of retail shops and compared services and procedures. Some of shops include true wheels in service but another shop doesn't. Some of shops remove parts to degrease and another bike shop brushs with degreaser on the bike. This shop costs $90 with dodgy service and there is $50 with excellent service 1 block away.

As you choose your doctor when you go to dentist and you will expect good work same as last time. Find out whos looking after your bike at shop ask for same mechanic if you had a good service. You wont loose any cent!!

Anyway, this frame mount pivot is one of most important part for shifting smoothly. Luckly rust wasnt that bad so wiped down them, reassembled with water resistant grease.

I am editing my service procedure to update my website. And hopely it will complete in a couple of weeks I believe customers are easy to follow what I am doing to your bike or understand how important to keep your bike last long.

No comments: